1. Entertainment

Black Eyed Peas' Fergie Battled Crystal Meth Addiction

By October 4, 2006

Black Eyed Peas member Fergie spoke to Giant magazine about her days hooked on crystal meth. "It got to the point where I was doing meth day and night and had no more money," she said. "I was hearing voices. I thought people were after me. I wasn't talking to any of my friends or family. I actually lost so much weight that my friends did an intervention. So I lied and said I was bulimic, just making stuff up."

Thankfully for the rest of the band and her huge fan base, Fergie was able to walk away from her addiction to meth for good. She enlisted the help of a hypnotherapist and now she admits that she only indulges in a glass of wine here and there. Letís hope that she can stay clean and keep cranking out those monster hits!

Photo: Donald Kravitz/Getty Images.

Comments

October 11, 2006 at 12:52 pm
(1) Heather says:

*sigh* :| She had such a rough life. She was on national tv at the age of 7 and had more money than she knew what to do with. She was blessed with an awesome voice and instead of making a nice little career with it she decides to do drugs.
Not to date myself, but I remember watching her on tv and thinking she had such a cool job because I KNEW it was really her singing. I often wondered what happened to those cute little girls from Kids Incorperated. *sigh* now I know.

October 12, 2006 at 1:37 pm
(2) Ashley says:

Aww… thats so sad atleast she got help tho. Keep on doin ur thang. Love ya!!

October 27, 2006 at 1:29 pm
(3) Joey says:

Im so tired off all this hatin’ on Fergie…I was also once addicted to Meth…and let me tell you, it’s not something you can just turn your back on and run…its something you have to face head on and beat it. And I commend her on that, it was a very tuff thing to go thru…and it wasn’t just her…it was her, her family, and her friends. I just wish everyone would quit focusing on the past, for its gone and you can never change it, and that they should focus on what really matter, the present and the future. And shes clean, and plans to stay that way…Stay strong gurl, don’t listen to them trifflin’ foos…there just jealous, and ignorant.

April 4, 2007 at 5:27 am
(4) stupidfag says:

To bad she didnt died of an overdose !

December 11, 2007 at 5:40 pm
(5) Fergie hater says:

It all makes sense now. No wonder her face looks like ****! They never show her up close because she looks really old already.

December 11, 2007 at 5:44 pm
(6) Fergie hater says:

Whoever posted #3 is an idiot for ever even trying Meth. If you get addicted you deserve no pitty, you made the choice, nobody forced you to try it. Anyone dumb enough to try something some scummy person cooked up in a rent-by-the-week hotel/apartment should die of an overdose, it is called natural selection.

December 21, 2007 at 12:42 pm
(7) Monica says:

You people are so RUDE! I’ve never tried drugs, but who are you to judge people and have such hateful words. You must have such a bad life yourself, that you wanna put other people down. I guess your blog name fits you just right “hater”…..Monica- Texas

May 4, 2008 at 8:07 pm
(8) ADDICTED  says:

WE ALL MAKE CHOICES, SOME GOOD SOME BAD, SOME STUPID, BUT WE ARE NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS. ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FERGIE. YOU MAY LOOK OLD BUT I WOULD STILL DO YOU.

May 17, 2008 at 8:26 am
(9) Maria says:

Well well lot is being said here, different opinions. I once had a friend he passed away he was also doing Meth it was horrible, scary, scary, sad, i couldn’t stand watching him, he was addicted for about 1 year and after that i just didn’t wanna know him and kinda went away.

I used to have nightmares facing him every night for about 6-7 months and i just couldn’t go away from that. I can blame him and hate him , but i dont this was his choice his mind his understanding of life and i respected it till the last day even though i was not there and i have not seen his last months.

I went to the funeral and sat right in front with his mother that looked so death and so sad that i couldn’t believe my eyes. To conclude Fergie keep it up girl, dont let the weak overcome you. You got what u want now and save it dont ever go back to that. IT WILL KILL U !!!

July 12, 2009 at 2:02 am
(10) One-love-420 says:

i dont get it, if people hate fergie so much why are they going on her and reading articles about her? like if you really hated her so much you wouldnt want to hear about her. looks like jealousy. addiction is tough, and she pulled through, the woman deserves respect for that. and people are right taking drugs is a choice. but getting sober is ALSO a choice. and she chose to do it and become a better person. so stop hating.

January 1, 2011 at 2:28 am
(11) Vannah says:

wow I think Fergie did great and pulled thru she chose to do meth but she also CHOSE to clean herself from it! Ur amazing Fergie! Keep workin it!