1. Entertainment

Britney Spears is About to Lose Custody of Her Children

By September 18, 2007

It looks like all that partying has finally caught up with our pal Britney. FOX News is reporting that Britney Spears could temporarily lose custody of her two young sons as early as today. According to the report, Britney's ex-husband Kevin Federline would be granted temporary custody of the boys.

Apparently, the court was recently given some troubling information that caused them to head in this direction. At a custody hearing yesterday, one of Brit's former bodyguards, Tony Barretto, alleged that after her brief and pointless stint in rehab, there was nudity, drug use, and even a possible "hit" placed on poor K-Fed.

I still have mixed feelings about this whole custody thing since I don't feel confident that either one of them could do a good job with those little boys. Maybe the judge should send them off to live with Brit's estranged mother - now that would be a real kick in the pants!

Photo Credit: John Parra/Getty Images.

Comments

September 18, 2007 at 4:44 pm
(1) Elisa says:

They should take those kids away. She has no ability to be a good mom. She should never be allowed to have kids again.

September 18, 2007 at 6:55 pm
(2) Candi Apples says:

I think Britney can be a good mother,if she gets the help she needs.

And I heard about the hit on K-Fed,but I can’t imagine that she would be behind that.

September 23, 2007 at 9:15 am
(3) georgina says:

the destination of every mother is the protection of her children. Does Britney know that?

September 25, 2007 at 2:33 pm
(4) Lexie says:

To me, the way Britney Spears has behaved is simply unacceptable. She has repeatly failed to care for her children in an appropriate manner, and if she can’t handle it, well, doesn’t Kevin Federline at least deserve a chance? Outside of celebrities, I have seen children turned over to parents who have behaved much worse than he has!

September 27, 2007 at 10:50 pm
(5) KatieLerns says:

The only thing that will stop Britney from acting the way she does is for her to have a wake up call, and that wake up call will have to be having her children taken away from her. Often we don’t know what we have until we lose it. This would teach her that her behavior is inappropriate.

September 1, 2009 at 8:06 pm