1. Entertainment

Ashley Tisdale Admits to Getting a Nose Job

By December 3, 2007

Did Ashley Tisdale recently have plastic surgery? High School Musical star Ashley Tisdale admitted to People that she went under the knife and had a nose job last week. Before you go praising Ashley, 22, for her 'honesty' in letting the world know that she had plastic surgery, check out her little statement.

"Growing up I always knew I had a deviated septum on the right side of my nose, which caused trouble breathing. The older I got, the worse it got. I went to get it checked out, and the doctor told me the septum was 80 percent deviated and that I had two small fractures on my nose," Vanessa Hudgens' pal told the magazine.

"I didn't do this because I believe in plastic surgery. I did this to help my health. I literally almost could not breathe out of the right side of my nose. I want my fans to know the truth. I'm not someone who is going to act like I had nothing done. I just want to be honest because my fans are everything to me," she went on to explain.

Am I crazy or didn't we already hear this mumbo jumbo from Cameron Diaz, Ashlee Simpson, and even Jennifer Aniston? Ashley is so concerned with what her fans might think that she felt the need to mention how she doesn't believe in plastic surgery. So, what is she suggesting actually went on in that operating room? Did tiny little kittens lick the problem away?

Photo Credit: David Livingston/Getty Images.

Comments

December 6, 2007 at 6:01 pm
(1) Z says:

uh maybe she was stressing that point so that the teenage girls who are her fans would know that it was done for a medical reason and not superficial reasons. teenage girls need to know that its ok to love yourself the way that you are. look at mary kate olsen, the girl was/is starving herself to death to have that so called perfect body. being hollywood has alot of downs, in my opinion more than ups, because regardless of what they say and do, the press will find a way to tear them down. you should give her credit for at least admitting to it when its really nobody’s business.

December 13, 2007 at 10:37 pm
(2) Suzy says:

Yeah, having a deviated septum is not all that rare anymore! These people are probably NOT lying! Ashley Tisdale really respects her fans – enough to let them know what’s going on in her life. What she does and doesn’t believe in… Now I call that integrity!

December 15, 2007 at 12:49 am
(3) Sheena says:

I respect her for coming clean and telling the truth. She said what she said so that she wouldnt b considered as one of those superficial celebrities. She only did this to help her health.

January 11, 2008 at 9:53 pm
(4) joni says:

This reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld where a dermatologist is belittled, thought of as “not a real doctor”, until one of her patients publicly thanks her for saving his life. Turns out, he had skin cancer, which she caught in time.
Yes, there are frivolous applications of cosmetic surgery. However, cosmetic surgery also has legitimate purposes — and these came first!
So Ashley had a deviated septum repaired. Good for her! It’s really miserable not being able to breathe properly, and surgery to correct this is legitimate. I think when Ashley said she “didn’t believe in plastic surgery” she meant “… for frivolous or vanity reasons” and she said this to prevent her fans from imitating her and having nose jobs “just because it’s cool”.

January 20, 2008 at 7:10 pm
(5) Abby says:

Don;t compare her to Ashlee Simpson.
Ashlee Simpson got a nose job because she looked like an elephant.
Maybe Ashley Tisdale got a nose job.
So What?!
It’s her choice not yours.

February 6, 2008 at 8:57 am
(6) caitlin says:

Im so sorry you had to go through surgery Ashley, it must have been really scary! I dont think you look any different you always have and always will look drop dead gorgese xoxoxoxoxo
Your my idol forever and i’ll always support you

March 27, 2008 at 7:29 pm
(7) Sarah says:

She is saying she does not believe in surgery for cosmetic reasons only for medical solutions. You just accused her of lying when it was clear as day what the truth was. However, thank you for including the truth in your article, I just don’t understand why by the end you decided to combat against it.

July 4, 2008 at 10:11 am
(8) racheal says:

ur all so dumb every celebrity uses that same line about it being for medical reason… “jennifer aniston” for instants. stop being nieve and wake up to smell the roses, well that shouldnt be to hard for ashley now RIGHT? she just got her nosed fixed.

October 14, 2008 at 11:56 pm
(9) libii says:

It’s naive to think that the reason she gave is the truth or the only reason.

Racheal is right. Her nose wasn’t that bad to begin with… I’ve seen way way worst and they are suffering medically.

March 21, 2009 at 7:39 pm
(10) chloe jones says:

haloh wat up i believe you i would have done the same thing trust me if i couldnt breath out of my right side of my nose then….. do something
your freind chloe
P.S. is that why your not on the shows anymore and vanessa is wrong for doing that!!!!!!! (she a jerk!)

December 8, 2010 at 4:09 am
(11) ROnz says:

In my opinion , Ashley DID tell the truth , i heard the news that she got oppressive and faint on stage so that must be the truth . Whether or no , we love her the way she is !!! She gets the gr8 voice and actin talent that we love , not just the look !!!

January 24, 2011 at 7:41 pm
(12) Amanda says:

Hey guys regardless of why she got a nose job– medically or cosmetically, who cares! It is her nose, her money, her choice. If she wants a nose job and it will make her happy then she should be able to go get one. If it was for medical reasons then awesome that she fixed the problem. But no one has the right to judge anyone for their reasons behind plastic surgery. If you dont like plastic surgery then don’t get it, but don’t put others down because they do. It isn’t anyones business!