1. Entertainment

Did Tom Cruise Audition Katie Holmes to Be His Wife?

By March 11, 2008

Did Tom Cruise really "audition" a bunch of women before he chose Katie Holmes to be his future wife? I must admit that I've heard this rumor repeated no less than 150 times just last year alone. In my opinion, the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes super fast tracked relationship turned marriage turned family always struck me as a little odd. But who am I to judge?

Maybe everyone is just jealous and they're all out to get him back for not casting them in the role of doe-eyed naive life partner. According to Page Six, former Scientologist Marc Headley spoke to Britain's News of the World claiming that after his split from Penelope Cruz, Tom did interview women for the role of wife and mother of his children. Apparently, it was the group's head honcho, David Miscavige, who worked his magic to make Tom's wishes come true.

David set out on a very important mission to find Tom a single, pretty, twenty-something Hollywood starlet to marry. Who was on the original lady list? "Jennifer Garner, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Alba, in that order. Jennifer and Jessica didn't bite but Scarlett took the bait and came in for an audition. When she arrived and found out it was the Scientology Center in Hollywood, she freaked out and didn't do a tape," Marc told the paper.

When Tom eventually met Katie, he supposedly told David that he just knew she was the one. Don't you just love a classic Hollywood love story? It almost brings tears to my eyes.

Photo Credit: AFP/Getty Images.

Comments

March 11, 2008 at 2:14 pm
(1) Jonathan says:

Doe eyed na´ve life partner? Very well put. And funny too. Tom is one strange bird and Katie should run run run.

March 11, 2008 at 8:10 pm
(2) Latoya says:

I remember when he was on Oprah (the couch-jumping incident). He answered all of Oprah’s questions about Katie but said he wouldn’t talk about how they hooked up. I thought it was strange at the time. He probably did audition her for the role of his wife. LOL.

March 11, 2008 at 11:41 pm
(3) cici says:

im really surprized he hasnt turned her into a L. Ron Hubbard breeding machine

March 12, 2008 at 10:01 am
(4) NewsFeeder says:

Yeah dude, that guy is insanE!
Spotted some Freakn nice pictures of katie!

March 12, 2008 at 10:35 am
(5) char says:

Get a life, Latoya…

Who cares if he auditioned her? I met my husband on a chat forum. Years ago people would’ve thought that weird enough to gossip about.

Enjoy yours and let people enjoy theirs!

And, cici? You’re obviously on mind altering drugs of some kind. Which means that there’s no point in leaving you much of a comment…

March 12, 2008 at 6:06 pm
(6) Z says:

Unecessary and harsh @Char…the blog is about Tome Cruise…ppl can leave a comment saying anything they want related to the subject. You seem alittle bitter…hm. Anyway, he’s the lunatic, someone should have auditioned him. His acting has fallen short but he still sits on a high horse…hows that possible?

March 12, 2008 at 6:45 pm
(7) gossip says:

I’m with Z on this one. Who cares if he auditioned her? I’m sorry, but where I come from, that’s just plain nuts.

There’s nothing wrong with meeting someone on a chat forum or on line at the supermarket, but a casting call for wives? Something just isn’t right about that.

March 14, 2008 at 12:24 pm
(8) cici says:

“char” its a blog, people say what ever they want, thats the point. so do us a favor and shut up.

July 21, 2010 at 10:04 pm
(9) Ang says:

Isn’t that called “dating?” Honestly, I mean he might go about it in a bit of strange way, but I would imagine most celebrities have to. Reviewing a bio/photo/video is really part of the modern dating world anyway.