1. Entertainment

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Tie the Knot in LA

By August 17, 2008

In May 2008, daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres announced that she and her longtime love Portia de Rossi had big plans on the horizon. She told her fans that the two intended to tie the knot sometime soon. Fans were elated at the prospect of the couple heading down the aisle.

After four years together, Ellen, 50, and Portia, 35, made it official this weekend and were married in a romantic ceremony at their home in Los Angeles. The affair was so intimate that were only 19 guests in attendance.

Photo Credit:Gregg DeGuire/Getty Images.

Comments

August 18, 2008 at 2:05 pm
(1) Mad-Dog says:

This is not a marriage – it is a legal union. A marriage is between a man and a woman

August 18, 2008 at 2:17 pm
(2) Candypants says:

Wow, people are in love here, and you can’t think of anything nice to say? Then don’t say nothing at all – zip your lip!!!

August 18, 2008 at 2:37 pm
(3) Cheryl Foss says:

If you can find love anywhere, then grab it & hold on tight. Love is truly elusive-so many people never do find it and I am happy that Ellen & Portia are married. Ellen gives so much of herself to so many people & causes that I feel that she deserves this happiness.

August 18, 2008 at 2:40 pm
(4) CancunBob says:

Sick, Sick, Sick, even in Sickafornia.

August 18, 2008 at 3:42 pm
(5) hobbitnamedeliza says:

I also say “Congrats” to Ellen and Portia.

August 18, 2008 at 4:18 pm
(6) Diane Zumwalt says:

It really is no one’s business if two consenting adults decide to form a union according to the law. I wish them all the happiness in the world and if you don’t keep it to yourself.

August 18, 2008 at 4:46 pm
(7) Dezz says:

Love between two adults is a positive emotion. Not only does it not hurt anyone else, the joy can spread to others. Why do some people have a problem with that? The negative comments here only serve to reflect the negative attitude of those commentors.

August 18, 2008 at 6:25 pm
(8) kdubu says:

this is a “union” between consenting adults – yes, marriage NO IT IS NOT…….

August 18, 2008 at 10:51 pm
(9) keira says:

I am just so pleased that they were able to marry. You guys who have negative things to say are just ignorant. Its sad that you are unable to be open minded.

August 18, 2008 at 11:49 pm
(10) Lee says:

I would never marry the same sex as myself, but I say, “TO Each It’s Own” As far as a person,I think Ellen is a very caring and a warm person. Just because she prefers another women doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a good soul. I guess happiness is the what counts, even though I don’t condone this way of life, it’s there business and no one else’s!

August 19, 2008 at 1:42 am
(11) Linda says:

Congratulations – may you live long and happy lives!

August 19, 2008 at 2:42 pm
(12) someone says:

there r lots of gay animals around us.*gay is bad’n'unnatural* is just another prejudice ppl inherit.wake up.it is rare’n'natural.besides love is all that matters anyways.

August 31, 2008 at 1:29 am
(13) Danii says:

Ok, why does society think this is normal? I’m not against love….there are all kinds of love, but a relationship like this is just not natural or normal. My brother is gay and struggles with it a lot. I love him though, but I just don’t necessarily condone his lifestyle.

March 28, 2009 at 1:54 am
(14) Real thing says:

Gay is evil.its against the natural laws.they need to change from their evil ways before its too late.

April 3, 2009 at 1:50 pm
(15) Arlene Campbell says:

Hi all… I am a 74 yr. old female… with children/grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Not that that qualifies me for any ‘expertise’. However I believe l00%… in FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Having said that… of course that does not mean freedom to: kill / maim /abduct others… or, do
anything to someone AGAINST THEIR WILL.

I have been a fan of Ellen’s television program for lots of years…. and I sure wish I could meet her and her new partner. However, living in Canada… that is certainly not possible I’d give them both
big hugs… and wish them many years of joy, kindness to all others, and their own personal sense of achieving their goal.

So to all of you who have not learned about FREEDOM OF CHOICE… and … CAUSING NO HARM TO OTHERS…my thoughts are with you, and hope that perhaps you will concentrate on enjoying your life … and just let others
enjoy theirs.