1. Entertainment

Fashion Rocks 2008 Red Carpet Photos

By September 6, 2008

The biggest names in fashion, music, movies, and TV came out for the Condé Nast Fashion Rocks 2008 event in New York City on Friday September 5. Everyone from Miley Cyrus and Rihanna to Paula Abdul and Charlize Theron posed on the red carpet for photos. The theme of the night was high fashion infused with a touch of rock and roll.

I spotted one gorgeous outfit after another and was practically drooling over the jewelry. Sean Paul wore a simple but stylish suit and rocked a one-of-a-kind diamond encrusted skull necklace. When I asked Sean about the bling, he said it was custom made for him and there wasn't another one like it.

Rihanna wore an elegant black gown with a jeweled belt around her perfectly tiny waist. Beyonce wore a simple black dress but paired it with an 18 carat flawless diamond ring by Lorraine Schwartz. A gift from her new hubby perhaps? Check out the complete photo gallery for the rest of the celebrities who sparkled the night away at Fashion Rocks 2008.

Fashion Rocks will air on Tuesday, September 9 in a two-hour special on CBS (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Photo Credit: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images.

Comments

September 7, 2008 at 2:15 am
(1) Jamie says:

Those fashion rocks photos are amazing! How do I get in next year??

I wish I was there to see the stars in person. Rihanna looks so pretty in that dress!

September 7, 2008 at 12:36 pm
(2) leela says:

That looks like so much fun! Celebrities have the best jobs. They get paid to party!

September 8, 2008 at 1:52 am
(3) Allison says:

Rihanna looks so wonderful here in this black dress.

I did not like what she wore at the VMA awards at all. Where was her stylist??

September 9, 2008 at 5:41 pm
(4) Julie says:

Was it just me or did Tyra Banks kinda have that devil look going on? I kept looking to see if I could see the horns

September 10, 2008 at 7:05 pm
(5) Angela Rae says:

Loved the show last night, but did anyone notice (besides me) that Mariah Carey looked frozen and somewhat dazed? She barely moved as she sang (lip synched) and always seems to be facing out to the left instead of forward. Seemed weird.

September 18, 2008 at 9:22 pm
(6) beatz says:

listen hunny, mariah carey is the best selling female artist of ALL TIME. so she does NOT lip synch, if you ever listen to her enough to critisize her, she sings her intro’s or courses at different octaves, so people like YOU, dont think she is lip synching.