Katie Holmes has become famous in the tabloids for her much publicized relationship with Tom Cruise. Believe it or not, she did have a life of her own Pre-Tom.
- Katie was born December 18, 1978 in Toledo, Ohio. She's the youngest of five kids and has three sisters and one brother.
- Katie became engaged to actor Tom Cruise in June 2005 in Paris. She gave birth to their daughter, Suri, on April 18, 2006.
- Katie and Tom were officially married in Bracciano, Italy on November 18, 2006.
- Since meeting Tom, Katie has replaced her Catholic beliefs for those of the Church of Scientology.
- At 17, Katie went to Los Angeles in hopes of becoming an actress. On her second audition, she was cast in the movie, The Ice Storm which was her very first role.
- She deferred attending Columbia University twice, but finally took a single photography class in the summer of 2000.
- Katie created a fashion stir when it was rumored that she ordered a very expensive pair of Christian Louboutins for baby Suri.
- Katie played Joey Potter on the successful teen drama, Dawson's Creek from 1998 to 2003.
- She became engaged to actor Chris Klein in December 2003, but called it off in March 2005.
- She shares a birthday with actor Brad Pitt, singer Christina Aguilera, and Steven Spielberg.
Quotes From Katie Holmes
"It's kind of fun being the cute, little one. In fact, I'm finding it hard to grow out of that."
"I know this sounds dorky, but I'm always having this out-of-body experience with my career. I can't wait to write it down. I can't wait to tell my grandchildren. It's amazing."
"My family always keeps me in check. I have three older sisters, and they work their butts off. They're all very supportive of my career, but I know what's really important is kids and family."