Whitney Houston Gossip and News Updates
- Whitney Houston was born on August 9, 1963.
- Married singer Bobby Brown in 1992 and they have one daughter, Bobby Kristina born in 1993. In September 2006, Whitney filed for divorce from Bobby.
- Whitney reportedly checked into rehab in April 2006.
- Whitney's mom is gospel singer Cissy Houston.
- Christina Aguilera considers her to be one of her major musical influences.
- In 1991, she was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world.
- Singer Dionne Warwick is Whitney's cousin.
- Whitney was a fashion model before she started singing professionally.
- Her 1987 album "Whitney" became the first female album to debut at #1 on the Billboard Charts.
- Holds the record for winning the most American Music Awards, twenty-six in total.
- In 1992, She starred in The Bodyguard with Kevin Costner.
- In 1997, she had a school named after her called The Whitney E. Houston School of Creative and Performing Arts.
- "I Will Always Love You" is the best-selling single by a female artist, and the biggest-selling non-charity single of all time, with world sales of nearly nine million copies.
Personal Quotes from Whitney
"I almost wish I could be more exciting, that I could match what is happening out there to me."
"I've got a good man. He takes care of me. I don't have to be scared of anything because I know he will kick every... disrespect him and you've got a problem."
"We are crazy for one another. I mean crazy in love, love, love, love, love. When we're fighting, it's like that's love for us. We're fighting for our love."