Question: Who is Choreographer Benjamin Millepied?
- Benjamin Millepied was born in 1977 in Bordeaux, France.
- He began ballet training at the tender age of 8 encouraged by his mother, a former ballet dancer.
- Benjamin is a principal dancer at New York City Ballet and a well known and respected ballet choreographer.
- Benjamin studied with Michel Rahn at the Conservatoire National in Lyon, France. He even attended classes at the School of American Ballet with a scholarship from the French Ministry.
- In 1995, he joined New York City Ballet's corps de ballet and in 1998, he was promoted to soloist. In 2002, Benjamin became a principal dancer.
- In 2009, he served as choreographer for Black Swan, a psychological thriller directed by Darren Aronofsky starring Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman as ballet dancers in New York City.
- During filming of Black Swan, Benjamin and Natalie began dating. In December 2010, it was announced that the two were engaged and expecting a child together.