- Elin Nordegren was born on January 1, 1980 in Stockholm, Sweden. She has a twin sister Josefin and a brother.
- In her younger years, Elin worked as a successful model.
- She was working as an au pair to golfer Jesper Parnevik when she and Tiger Woods met in 2001.
- Elin's parents are Thomas Nordegren and Barbro Holmberg. Thomas is a radio journalist and correspondent for Swedish Radio in Washington, D.C. and Barbro once served as Sweden's migration minister.
- In November 2003, Tiger Woods popped the question to Elin during a sunset walk while they were vacationing on a South African game reserve.
- In 2004, she and Tiger tied the knot in a romantic ceremony in Barbados at the super posh Sandy Lane Resort. Among the 200 guests were sports stars Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley, according to reports from People.
- In November 2009, following a minor car accident, rumors swirled that Tiger was having multiple affairs. He never confirmed or denied the chatter, but did issue a formal apology to his fans.
*Editorial Note: It was originally reported on this site that The Irish Times was involved in a lawsuit regarding Elin Nordegren. This is not the case, and we regret the error.