Born and Raised:
Naomi was born on May 22, 1970, in London, England and checks in at 5'9".
Naomi Campbell's Romantic History:
She was the first black female model to grace the covers of French Vogue, British Vogue, and Time Magazine.
Suspiciously Published Author:
In 1994, she wrote her first novel titled Swan about a supermodel. When questioned about using a ghost writer for the book, she admitted that she barley even took part in the process. "I just did not have time to sit down and write a book," she said at the time.
Naomi Campbell's Criminal Record:
- In 1998, she pleaded guilty in Toronto to an assault charge for beating another assistant during filming.
- In 2003, she was sued by a former administrative assistant who alleged that Campbell had thrown a phone at her during a tantrum two years earlier.
- In 2004, Naomi's maid claimed the model slapped her across the face, but Naomi accused Millicent Burton of instigating the fight.
- In 2006, Naomi was charged with second-degree assault for clocking her housekeeper over the head with a phone.
Fun Trivia Facts:
- Naomi has the letters F.B. tattooed on her arm.
- She appears in photographs taken for Madonna's coffee-table book Sex.
- Naomi's famous face was shown on a 75 eurocent postage stamp issued by the Austrian Post Office on May 20, 2006.
- In 1991, Naomi was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- She attended the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London.