Ever wonder how celebrities like Jennifer Aniston
stay in such great shape? They do it with the help of a workout regimen and a healthy eating plan. The good news is that with these diet and exercise tips, you'll be well on your way to your own great shape!
Time Required: 3 months
- Make a plan and set attainable goals. Commit yourself to at least 3 months of eating healthy and working out and you should definitely start seeing results. If Michelle Williams could stroll the red carpet only 6 weeks after giving birth, you can definitely see your own results after 3 months.
- Find a partner. If you can't afford a personal trainer, buddy up with a friend on the same plan. The process will be easier if you have someone there to keep you motivated and vice versa. When Britney Spears was battling the post-baby weight, husband Kevin Federline was right alongside with her.
- Get out there and start moving. Even if you just start by walking around the block, you'll already be increasing your heart rate and burning those calories. That's exactly how Kirstie Alley got started on her weight loss effort.
- Start eating healthier. Try to maintain a diet that consists mostly of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, and chicken. That's the type of diet that keeps Jennifer Aniston looking so lean. She follows the healthy 40/30/30 ratio of carbs, fat, and protein.
- Familiarize yourself with the inside of a gym. It's not so intimidating once you know what you're doing. Have someone show you the ropes and keep trying until you find what works best for you. Denise Richards, mother of two, stays slim by lifting weights 6 times a week!
- Be patient. When you first start working out, your body responds fairly quickly. After a certain period of time, your muscles begin to adjust and settle into the new routine. You may notice that the weight is dropping at a slower pace. Vary up your routine to keep your body challenged.
- Don't get discouraged. Sticking to the diet and exercise plan may start to become increasingly difficult. Try to stay in the game by keeping it fresh and interesting. One week try a spinning class, and the next time try yoga. Madonna does everything from biking to yoga to horseback riding to keep her routines fresh.
- Reward yourself. Each time you meet one of the goals that you've set, remember to allow yourself small rewards. This could include everything from a scoop of low-fat ice cream to a manicure and pedicure at the spa. You've worked hard to get here and you deserve it!
What You Need
- Attainable goals
- Support of friends and family
- Healthy diet
- Workout regimen
- Strong motivation
- Reward system