The Heath Ledger autopsy results are in and it looks like the actor died last month
of an accidental overdose from a combination of six prescription pills, according to initial AP reports
. "Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," NYC medical examiner spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.
How can they possibly know for sure that he 'accidentally' took all of those pills? They weren't there to witness his state of mind at the time, so it seems odd that they can declare this with such certainty. Either way, let's hope the news brings his family the much needed peace of mind that they've been waiting for.
Photo Credit: Mike Flokis/Getty Images.