Jessica Simpson shot to stardom when she and her now ex-husband Nick Lachey starred on MTV's reality show, The Newlyweds and it was all the way up from there.
- Jessica Ann Simpson was born on July 10, 1980 in Abilene, Texas.
- She was married to Nick Lachey from October 2002 until they divorced in June 2006.
- After her split from Nick, Jessica dated John Mayer on and off before they finally called it quits for good.
- Jessica auditioned for Mickey Mouse Club as a child, but lost out to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.
- Her younger sister, Ashlee Simpson, has also launched a very successful singing career.
- Jess hosted Saturday Night Live in 2004 with Nick Lachey and poked fun at Paris Hilton and singer Britney Spears.
- She performed at George W. Bush's 2001 Inauguration.
- Her favorite movie is Pretty Woman starring Julia Roberts.
- Jessica beat out Britney Spears for the role of Daisy Duke in Dukes of Hazzard in 2005.
Quotes From Jessica Simpson
"I'd go to concerts and think, 'That's exactly what I want to do."
"I want people to fall in love with my voice before my image."
"I have this fear of talking to people. I'm worried they won't like me."
"Dumb is just not knowing. Ditzy is having the courage to ask! Ditzy is not editing yourself."
"Faith has helped me to be a strong person and stay level headed. It brings me peace. In this business you definitely need peace."
"Natural beauty is really happiness with who you are. It you like who you are on the inside, that'll come through on the outside."