On January 22, 2008, actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his NYC apartment. He was only 28 years old and left behind a 2-year-old daughter, Matilda (from his relationship with Michelle Williams). Friends, family, and even fans were left wondering the same thing: How did Heath Ledger really die?
After what seemed like an eternity, medical investigators unearthed some very telling information following an autopsy. According to reports from CNN, Heath died of an overdose and the list of drugs found in his body included:
- Oxycodone for pain
- Hydrocodone - the pain reliever found in Vicodin
- Valium (Diazepam)
- Temazepam for anxiety or sleeplessness
- Xanax (Alprazolam)
- Doxylamine - a sedating antihistamine
While the overdose was ruled to have been accidental, it was still sad to think that Heath felt the need to over-medicate himself to escape whatever must have been ailing him.